& Risk Management
Chief Executive Officer
Christophe is specialized in the financial sector. During more than 25 years he has held several positions in organization and project management, in Risk management, Compliance, Internal Control and Internal Audit in international banks et mainly in Private Banking in Switzerland and Luxemburg.
Head of the Permanent Control and Compliance in one of the main banks of the Indian Ocean area, he was responsible to setup the concept and the team of the permanent control, the Compliance risk management, the upgrade and update of the Compliance processes, the operational and information risk management.
Before this position, he was Head of Strategic Projects in the creation of a new private bank, in charge of the setting up of the core-banking system and processes organization along with the Risk management, then he was Chief Risk Officer of the new bank.
Christophe holds a Master in Engineering specialized in information system and a Master in Business Administration in finance from IAE de Paris, La Sorbonne University.
AML-CFT Independent Audit
Independent Audit and review of the AML-CFT processes as per the actual regulations.
The Audit mission analyses, among others, the following points :
- AML-CFT policies and procedures
- Internal Risk Assessment
- Risk Assessment on the use of third-party service providers (outsourcing)
- Compliance function and effectiveness
- MLRO function and effectiveness
- Implementation and effectiveness of mitigating controls, including customer due diligence and enhanced measures
- AML-CFT trainings
- Record keeping obligations
- Targeted Financial Sanctions
- Suspicious Transaction Monitoring and Reporting
Recommendations are issued by the Audit mission and we can assist you in their implementation in order to comply with regulatory requirements.
Compliance and AML-CFT Services
- Client Onboarding and Acceptance Services, Screening and Customer Due Diligence
- Assistance and review of the Business Risk Assessment (AML/CFT risks)
- Advisory to ensure compliance of the organisations and processes with the AML-CFT laws
- Assistance to create/review the AML-CFT policies and procedures
- Assistance and advisory to the Compliance function
- Outsourcing of Compliance and MLRO functions
Preventing Fraud Risk
- Implementation of a fraud risk map for all the activities
- Analysis of the organisation, processes and sub-processes of the activities
- Identification and assessment of fraud risks and vulnerabilities
- Analysis of existing internal controls for major risks
- Proposal of measures and controls to mitigate the level of fraud risk
- Assistance in the implementation of new internal controls and key risk indicators
- Assistance to comply with the Data Protection Act (DPA)
- Outsourcing of the Data Protection Officer function
- Creation/review of a Data Protection Manual
- Registration with the Data Protection Office
- Creation of the Record of Processing Operations (RPO)
- Review of Transfers of personal data abroad
- Perform a Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
Reduce Operational Losses
- Assistance to improve the operational risk management, the incidents management and the reduction of operational losses
- Audit and cartography of operational risk to put in place a preventive monitoring of all the inherent risks for the executive management
- Assistance to identify and implement the key controls mitigating the major risks
- Assistance to create/review the Risk Management policies and procedures
Internal Audit Outsourcing
- Companies can fully outsource their Internal Audit function to LCS.
- In accordance with the Board and Audit Committee, an annual audit plan is defined and planned to carry out internal audit assignments and the edition of audit reports.
- The follow-up of the implementation of the audit recommendations can be proposed with a periodicity to be defined.
- Internal training could be necessary to raise awareness and to satisfy regulatory obligations.
- LCS provides tailored trainings customised to the needs of its clients, a focus is proposed more especially on AML-CFT and Operational Risk Management.